WARNING: In order to check for leaks, the following steps are performed without the skirting in place. To prevent risk of electric shock, do not use spa at this time.
1. Make sure the power supply is OFF.
2. Check to see that the Black Drain Valve (located to the left rear side of Equipment Module) is closed and that all Barrel Unions are tight.
3. Fill the spa with water to the center line of the skimmer (located under the black, removable skimmer box cover). Always fill your spa through the filter skimmer. Failure to do so may cause air to be trapped in either pump, preventing the pump from circulating water. Remove the hose and replace the filter cartridge as illustrated in the “Filter Maintenance” Section.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Equipment Module must never be operated without water in the spa, otherwise serious damage to the heater and/or pump could result.
4. The slice valves on each side of the Equipment Module should be open. (valve is open when the handle is pulled out, closed when it is pushed in).
5. Check for leaks! Although spas are fully checked at factory, shipping & delivery might cause a leak. Call your Lifestyle Spa dealer directly if there is a problem.
6. Before power is applied, refer to and become familiar with the spa side control operations.
7. Apply power to the Equipment Module.
8. When your spa is first started, the Pump System will come on and it will go into a priming mode. After displaying some configuration information, the electronic control system will perform a self-diagnostic check. This priming mode will last for up to 4 minutes approximately and then both the spa will automatically begin to heat in Standard Mode. This is the default mode that is factory set.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is very important that the pump be operating for several minutes to ensure that all air has been removed from the filtration system. The thermostat may only be “turned up” after full water flow has been established.
9. The Default pre-set Temperature is 37.5°C. The last measured temperature is constantly displayed on the LCD readout. This temperature will be current only when the pump has been running for at least 2 minutes.
10. Check for leaks! Although spas are fully checked at factory, shipping & delivery might cause a leak. Remember to pay particular attention to Barrel Unions. Contact your Lifestyle Spa dealer directly if there is a problem.
11. Add Start-Up Chemicals